Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sweet AI Update

Good news!  I tweaked the AI and it's beautiful!  Of course, it can be improved (it leaves its backdoor open, which is honestly the only way I can beat it right now), but it's hard!  I had to play it over and over again to get a good video of me beating it.  However, I decided to include one of it creaming me as well.  It moves fast, much faster than I expected.  It's really exciting to see it working so well all of a sudden.

First, watch it destroy me (fog of war is faded so you can see what the AI is doing).  It's hard to see exactly how it beat me, so you might need to expand the video.  If you'll notice, after a segment is split, the end that was cut off still has a short amount of time to run into an enemy segment before it shrinks into nothing.  In effect, it turns into a short range missile.  Watch the AI take advantage of that when he takes me out.



Next, watch me exact my revenge.



I'll bet you're glad the big pink thing from my last video is gone.  Unfortunately, It will be back soon.  However, I might change the texture so it doesn't look so bad.  You might also have noticed that I've tweaked the colors.  The AI is red and mine are light blue (green when building a new node).

I think today's update is proof of Sever's promise as a fun game.  There are definitely some issues I need to consider as I move forward, but all of my fear that the AI would be too hard to implement are gone.  I may not be able to create a genius AI, but almost all AIs are exploitable, so I'll be in good company.

It's nice to finally have something interesting to show.  Hopefully I'm not the only one that thinks so.  Thanks for reading!

clevceo

No comments: