Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Editor (Continued...)

I'm still hard at work on the editor.  Today I finished all of the route editing portion.  It took me a good while, but that part is done.  Once again, I probably put too much work into making it intuitive and foolproof, but hopefully it makes the level editing faster and easier in the future.

The next step is the geos.  It shouldn't actually be too hard.  I just need to allow the user to add, move, and delete vertices.  Also, for convenience, I'll probably add a way to move the entire geo at once.  The vertices in a geo are world coordinates rather than being relative to the upper-left corner of the geo, so moving an entire geo would mean moving all of its vertices simultaneously.

I'm stoked for the geos to be complete.  Once they're done, I can work on the save feature, which shouldn't be too bad.  Once that's done, I can finally create levels quickly and try them out.  At that point, I'll probably start posting more often because there will be alot more to talk about.  Also, I'll be going back into the engine and improving the AI, experimenting with new mechanics, etc.  It's exciting.

Thanks for reading!
clevceo

No comments: