Monday, November 3, 2014

AI Syncing

I've been putting alot of time into updating the AI's version of the world each time it cycles.  I mentioned in the last post that I was working on having it compile a list of world events and letting the AI apply them to its own version of the world.  That feature is close to completion.  I have the list of events compiled and sent to the AI, but the AI doesn't interpret the data just yet.  That's the next step.  It feels like alot of work, but it's definitely worth it.  The game used to hang for a fraction of a second every time the AI cycled, but now it's seamless.  I've completed all the work that the main thread will do, so this should be the final main thread performance (AI-wise anyway).

Once I have the AI interpreting the data, I can really start working on the AI decision-making.  It's tedious, but really exciting.

Thanks for reading!

clevceo

No comments: