Friday, November 23, 2007

Starting Fresh

Wait until I'm done before you say anything.

I'm starting over on Sever. Agh! I said it! Fact is, it could be done better. Plus, I want the entire game created with multiplayer in mind.

First, however, I'm creating a template for any future games I start. Trying to get RefLib on its feet was a real pain because of all the nuances in my GUI and Input libraries. I've done a thing or two to make it easier, but I still want a template. The template will contain a simple main menu and no more.

Also in the template, I'm creating a server window for multiplayer games. That's what's occupying my time at the moment. It's a learning experience. I'm finding it easier than I expected, but still daunting all the same.

I'm always tempted to give up on it. I continually let myself become distracted by small things (like blogging), or find myself staring at a wall for long periods of time trying to remember what I'm doing. And then I think about how I should be working on RefLib. It's a painful process.

I wish I could jump a few years into the future when all schooling is over and I've established myself as a software engineer.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Comment please.

clevceo

No comments: