Saturday, November 24, 2007

ListBox & Scrollbar, GUI Rendering

The scrollbar and listbox are both complete. However, as with everything, changes will probably be made in the future. Nevertheless, they work and that's the most important thing. They took the better part of the day to complete, so it feels good to be done.

Anyway, the Join Game window now displays all available games. Excuse me, the Join Game window would display all available games if there were any to display. Excuse me, I don't know whether or not the Join Game window displays all available games because I have yet to create another game on a separate computer, and thus have not tested it, and thus have no idea whether or not it works. In other words, the listbox is blank.

Nevertheless, the listbox is there and it works beautifully. I must say, I love my GUI library. The only problem with it at the moment is that it's drawn with scaled sprites. Scaled sprites can be a pain sometimes, and they're inflexible, but they're easy to implement. In fact, in my last implementation of Sever, I scaled and rotated a single-pixel sprite to draw lines.

However, once I understand shaders (when and if), I will use them to render the GUI (and lines). Shaders mean more flexibility and efficiency for the GUI. If only they weren't so weird and confusing!

Suggestions please? Questions?

clevceo

No comments: