Friday, July 13, 2007

Tooltips, Unit Info Window

Last night, on a whim I added tooltip functionality to my GUI library. I will admit right now that it wasn't entirely necessary. I did it because I thought it would be cool. But I'm glad I did because I want my game to be as professional as possible. Any extra features to make it more windows-like and familiar to the average user are welcome.

I also added a unit-info window that shows the picture, name, and description of any nodes or routes your mouse is hovering over. I didn't necessarily need to do this right now, but I was planning on doing it eventually anyway and I thought it would be fun.

If you haven't noticed yet, whenever the next step in the project is big and intimidating, I tend to put it off and work on smaller, less important things. But I'll get to it soon enough.

clevceo

No comments: