Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Endgame Window, Options Menu, TextBox, Fog of War

I created the endgame window and the pause menu. So far, the pause menu has two options: resume and forfeit. Forfeit, of course, destroys all of your nodes, routes, and people and displays the endgame window.

In the main menu (as you can see in the screenshot in a previous post) is an Options button. Until now, that button did nothing, but now it displays an options menu. The menu so far has only one option: windowed/fullscreen. Soon, I'll be adding the options menu into the in-game pause menu.

I also created a textbox control. It wasn't easy, but it's here. I added textboxes to the play options screen to input the player's names. The control needs a little work (it doesn't react to the mouse; you have to use the left/right buttons on the keyboard to move the bar), but it's a big step forward.

I have an idea for how I'll implement the fog of war. I thought of it last night in bed, but it's much more practical and effective than any of the methods I'd thought of previously. Anyway, it's sounding less and less intimidating every time I think about it.

To make the main menu screen a little more visually exciting, I think I'll add some routes in the background arranged in an interesting design, with the people flowing through them as in the game. Maybe it'll be a different design each time.

I've been thinking about sound and music. I want the sounds to be soft and almost soothing. The kind of music that enters my mind whenever I think about it is a soft piano melody that's like that suspenseful music you hear in a movie when the character begins to see that something's wrong.

Comment please,

clevceo

No comments: