Thursday, June 14, 2007

Grid

I've created the grid and altered my draw method to only test entities in grid squares the camera overlaps. I've started to implement mouseover testing for the entities. I've completed the initial coding and I've only tested it once. It didn't work. I've had no time to debug yet, but I'll get around to it eventually.

While writing the the mouseover testing, I did a lot of rewriting, trying to find the optimal method. I still don't know whether my current method is the best, but it works well enough. It's certainly faster than my last rendition.

After I get thee mouseover testing done, I'll probably adding the drag n' drop functionality for building new nodes, which will require more collision testing, but I inherited some of the math from my last rendition, so it shouldn't take too long.

clevceo

No comments: