Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Hotspots

I added hotspots to the game.  A hotspot is a special point on the map that you can build a node on top of.  Different hotspots will do different things when built upon.  For example, one hotspot might advance the player to the next level while another might simply allow the user to build a node type that can't be built anywhere else.

It actually took a long time to integrate hotspots into the game.  There were so many little places that I needed to touch in the code.  But the hard part is over.  Building onto them won't be too hard.  I want be able to add scripts to them as well as adding a few nonscripted options, such as allowing a special node type to be built on top of them.

At some point, I would like to have regions in the map that trigger scripts when the player enters them, but that will have to come later.  For now, hotspots will be my go-to script triggers.

Not a very exciting post to read, but it was exciting for me to write it.  Hotspots will give me much more to work with when designing levels.

Thanks for reading!

clevceo

No comments: