Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Back, Not Sure For How Long

I got a new laptop, installed VS 2015, and installed the new version of MonoGame, so I thought it might be fun to transfer Sever over to the new setup.  I did so, ran into a few of the errors I'd been having before I gave up last time, and instead of giving up again, I found myself digging into it and fixing them.  After a few hours, I'd progressed from fixing a few bugs to actually getting the fog of war working properly, which was something that had burnt me out last time around.

The fog of war was already displaying correctly, but invisible objects were still being drawn behind the fog.  For the player, this didn't make much of a difference.  However, the AI didn't know which objects were behind the fog, so it saw everything.  Now it knows.  It sounds easy, but it was quite the task.

From here, I will either working on AI pathing or begin work on scripting.  Both are elephants in the room that need to be completed before much progress can be made.

If you can tell, I think I could easily dive back into the development if I wanted to.  However, I'm so busy these days that I'm not sure how long it will last before it's on the backburner again.  Anyway, I'm going to give it a go and see what happens.

Thanks for reading!

clevceo

No comments: