Tuesday, November 23, 2010

One Month

In only a month, twenty-eight days to be exact, I will be free to pick back up where I left off. There will be some things to do before I put my full attention to it, buy a new laptop for example, but it will happen.

I have been considering a few things that I might do different this time. For example, I want to make the switch to C++ and OpenGL at some point. However, that won't happen immediately. Even with C#, I spent alot of time just building the groundwork. The groundwork is like the roots of a tree. If the roots aren't strong, the tree can't grow as tall. Hence my starting over so many times: the roots needed some work. Thus, with all the extra work required with C++ and OpenGL, I want to know exactly what the framework will need to do, so I will first create a working model of the game with C# and XNA.

Those are my thoughts. I do not know if anyone has been reading this blog, especially since the hiatus, but if anyone is there, please be patient for one more month. For all I know, this post will be read for the first time a year from now. If so, I hope you enjoyed looking back at the early development of Sever, and I also hope that your interest was spawned by the popularity of the game.

Thanks for reading,
clevceo

No comments: