Saturday, March 31, 2007

Last Night

After I posted last night, I made some real progress in the user interaction in the game. The user can now choose which node to branch from and what kind of node to build. Also, he can zoom in and out by pressing the minus and plus keys. I also added some cool highlighting to the nodes that the mouse hovers over and a cool red highlight behind your cursor if you're trying to build a node too close to another one. Next, before I add multiple players, I'll have to allow the user to delete nodes, thus destroying all routes and nodes that branch from them.

Anyway, I'll probably be working on it for most of today.
After I allow multiple players I'll looking into online multiplayer. After I do that I'll add the menu screen and maybe some maps, and then I will look into AI. And if the AI works out, I'll make the single-player campaign. Along the way, here and there, I'll make some graphics and do a little research into pixel shading. There's some work ahead, but I can take it.

clevceo

No comments: