Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Screenshot, Multiple-Player-Support, Multi-Player

First screenshot. If you'll notice, the left half of the route system is being retracted. The big white spots are destroyed nodes and the little ones are people. Normally when you retract, you salvage most of the people, but in this case, there was a traffic jam, so few survived.

The Y's are switches, which split the route in two. The +'s are the central nodes, which slowly generate people. The little dark ones are the sub nodes, which are basically cheap waypoints. And the lightning bolt is an accelerator node, which boosts the speed of the people passing through it. It's great for building a long road real fast, for scouting.


I've begun implementing the "multiple player support" as I've coined it. Not multiplayer, but multiple players, as in a human and some ai players.

During my little "vacation", ideas came and went. I've been thinking about how I'll implement the fog of war and I have a pretty concrete idea. Also, I'm going to allow the user to map the controls how he/she sees fit.

Since multiplayer isn't an option at the moment, I might implement a split-screen option where multiple players can play on the same computer (with multiple gamepads or something).

I've been thinking about the graphics and how they'll look in the end. I want something unique and interesting.

Anyway, that's about it for now. Comment please.


clevceo

No comments: